I submitted an offer on Friday at noon and then waited. Of course I called the agent & then emailed to make sure he received the offer, nothing. Next day same thing. Finally late Sunday I heard (via email) "we should get back with you by Monday". Monday came & went (with more emails & phone calls from me) until late when I was told "we should hear something tomorrow".
Then it came, it came @ 9AM today.
How many grueling hours were in between Friday afternoon and Tuesday morning @ 9? 93. 93 anxious hours for my buyers. What took him so long? Your guess is as good as mine but I have a few hunches:
- He doesn't work after 12 on Fridays
- He doesn't work on Saturday or Sunday & surely can't bother his seller on those days with an offer, either.
- He works the weekends @ his "other job" and couldn't get to his seller?
- He wanted to see what other offers might come in over the weekend...
- He is indpendently wealthy & doesn't need a closing.
- He didn't take us seriously (we were only 3K off from list price).
- He lives in the outskirts of San Antonio & can't get good reception on his mobile phone & had to wait until he got to the office on Tuesday....
- He is very "old school" and likes the more laid back approach to Real Estate.
- This listing is really bringing him some good action with customers calling on it night & day so he'd hate to see that end.
- He enjoyed the sound of my voice on his voice mail with my 946 messages.
Photo courtesy of: www.Flickr.com
Seriously, I have no clue. I asked the agent if the seller was out of town, did he think it would be an issue, nothing, no clue! I don't expect an answer RIGHT AWAY but within 24 hours I would KINDLY request some sort of "Yes, I received your offer, we should get back to you by this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon latest". Is that too much to ask?
What about you, have you come across any NON-RESPONSIVE agents recently?