What I learned in Real Estate this week...........The week after vacation edition!
Las week i was in Puerto Vallarta with my sweetie, loving life, sipping margaritas, enjoying the view & feeling footloose & fancy free. Here's proof:
I got back to work this week, full speed ahead (is there any other speed in RE?) & this is what I learned this week:
- ALWAYS have a back-up, you know someone to do your work for you while you are basking in the mexico sun.
- If you are gonna go on vacation, make sure it is far, far away, you know, somewhere where you have spotty or really expensive internet & phone usage so you can truly forget EVERYTHING & enjoy yourself (see the first bullet).
- Some agents watch their deals like their children. Constant texts, emails & phone calls DAILY to make sure we are "still good" like we were an hour ago.
- If there are sudden fires around your city, make sure the homes you have under contract weren't affected.
- Short sale departments still have a long way to go as far as the left hand talking to the right, etc.
- If a deal falls through it MAY suddenly come back to life, thank goodness.
- Appraisers have a mind of their own, truly, truly, truly.
- Sometimes calling someones bluff works better than you think it will.
- Being a Realtor takes alot out of your car, mine was happy to be on a break last week.
AND, my favorite lesson this week:
- I LOVE and I mean LOVE, Mexico.