I did a post like this a few months back, I realized since I learn something new every week I most certainly have more to share! Since it has been so long since I posted the first "what I learned" perhaps i should title it "What I learned in Real Estate these last few months......"
Anyway, here goes:
- When a seller goes out of town, you will get showings on their property galore, one of those showings will hopefully bring you an offer.
- You do not have to listen to another agent bully you over the phone. Period. It is far easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar....some agents unfortunately, don't believe this.
- If your listing goes under contract, run by the house & put a "Contract Pending" or a "Under Contract" rider on your sign, you never know who's watching the home & want's to chat about selling their home.
- It's a great time to show homes when it's raining, it cools the city off!
- ALWAYS pack a few snacks in your car when showing homes, ESPECIALLY if you are pregnant & need an extra pick me up in between homes.
- When showing homes & walking into the backyard, keep in mind some back doors lock themselves automatically (oops!), bring someone with you who is able & willing to jump fences to let you back into the home!
AND, last but not least.......
- Docusign.com is by far the most excellent Real Estate tool EVER invented. EVER.